Saturday, January 23, 2010

Summary of the week

Food: Went well! I am sticking with the guidelines I set out to follow. I'm almost a full 2 weeks without grains and dairy. It's not as hard as I thought it would be. I've eaten a lot of sweet potatoes to keep my carbs between 80 and 120 grams. I tend to feel best in that range. Next week I'm going to see how I feel adding a small amount of rice back in. I know I'm not ready to attempt wheat or dairy yet. Maybe I never will be... I think I feel better without those foods. I do miss the dairy, though!

I'm eating between 2000 and 2200 calories most days. I feel satisfied, and I don't really have much in the way of cravings. I did crave sugar and candy briefly the other day, and tonight I made cream cheese frosting for half of the coconut flour carrot cupcakes I made and it looked delicious, but I didn't even sneak a taste. Other than those two instances I have not craved sugar or junk.

Exercise: I had planned out 5 days of workouts last Sunday, and I completed most of them but rearranged some things a bit. The plan was Monday through Friday walk 60 minutes in the morning before work, and each evening a short strength workout. This is how the week shaped up...

Monday - 45' walk, 3x5 back squat
Tuesday - skipped all together due to feeling sick but caught up strength Weds
Wednesday - 35' run plus walking to total 45 mins, 3x5 deadlift, 3x5 press
Thursday - skipped in favor of sleep
Friday - skipped out of laziness, caught up Sat
Saturday - planned rest day, but did 60' walk, 3x5 overhead squat, snatch practice

So, based on this week I know that I need to keep concentrating on getting enough sleep, and just be disciplined enough to do the planned workouts. I am loving the strength workouts, though. I feel so good when I am done!

Other than the food and exercise, I am still meal planning. Another thing I love that makes my life easier. It really saves me from agonizing over what to make at the end of the day when I'm already tired and don't feel like cooking. With the meal plan and a little prep on Sunday afternoon, I'm good to go except for cooking and cleanup for the rest of the week. I have posted next week's mealplan. I'm going to try for a little less chicken in the menu this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment