Thursday, January 21, 2010

Quick check-in

I've wanted to post the last couple days but it seems like I've been 'busy' a lot.

This week I started a workout schedule. I've deviated from it a little, but only one day was out of laziness.... the other was because I felt sick.

The goal was a 60 minute walk in the morning Monday through Friday, and a short strength session each night (alternating muscle groups). I completed 45 minutes of walking Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (and I plan on going tomorrow morning), and strength Monday and Wednesday. Wednesday's strength session combined what I missed on Tuesday, too.

A little sore, but am so far mostly enjoying it. I LOVE lifting weights!

The food is going well, too. I've successfully avoided grains, dairy, and most sugar except for a little honey. I'm eating quite a bit of vegetables, for me, anyway.

The only thing that's really getting me is that I feel like I'm getting sick. Sometimes I'll get a sore throat, or my ear will start hurting. Most days I'll get a headache in the afternoon, even though I'm eating balanced meals. Today I felt just generally in pain. I had a toothache for about an hour, and some shooting pains in my arms and hand, and I feel achey. Right now I feel just generally unwell. I'm not sure what's going on, but it's definitely frustrating.

Well, off to bed so I can get as close to 8 hours as possible, then to the gym in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment